The grinding wheel is an important tool for grinding. It is mainly composed of abrasives, bonding agents, and pores. In recent years, with the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process, the manufacturing process of the grinding wheel is also changing. Among them, the abrasive, particle size, hardness, bonding agent, shape and size are the factors that affect its characteristics. Therefore, the customer is in order to purchase a suitable grinding wheel. , You should pay attention to the following points:
1. Abrasives. Abrasive is the main raw material for the production of grinding wheels. It is mainly responsible for cutting work. Therefore, the hardness, sharpness, toughness and heat resistance of the abrasive are better.
2. Granularity. The so-called particle size refers to the size of abrasive particles. The particle size is divided into two groups: abrasive particles and micro powder. The abrasive grains are classified using the screening method, and the particle size number is determined according to the number of holes within one inch of length. The micropowder is classified by microscopic measurement, and its particle size number is generally expressed by the actual size of the abrasive.
3. Bonding agent. The strength, impact resistance, heat resistance and corrosion resistance of the grinding wheel are all related to the performance of the adhesive.
4. Hardness. If the hardness is relatively soft, it indicates that the abrasive grains are easy to fall off, and the hardness is relatively hard, it indicates that the abrasive grains are difficult to fall off. When selecting, pay attention to the self-sharpening of the grinding wheel.
5. Shape and size. This needs to determine the shape and size according to the actual machine tool structure and grinding processing needs.
In addition, the outer diameter of the grinding wheel should not be too small, and a larger outer diameter should be selected as far as possible, which is conducive to improving the productivity and efficiency of grinding.